When You use the Tez to make fund transfer, you are required to enter the UPI PIN. But this is not the same ATM PIN. Rather, you have to set it for fund transfer. So, you have to remember this PIN as well for making payments. In this post, I would tell you the method to create the UPI PIN in Google Pay app. You would also learn the way to reset it in case you forgot.
What is UPI PIN
The full form of the UPI PIN is Unified Payment Interface Primary Identification Number. Like ATM PIN, it is also a 4 digit number. This number is set by you. You have to set a different UPI PIN for every linked bank account. You may be aware that in the TEZ or any other UPI app, you can link multiple bank accounts. So, if you have linked 2 bank accounts in the Tez, you must remember the UPI PIN of both the accounts.
- You have to set PIN for Each bank account linked to a UPI app.
- The UPI PIN of a bank account can be used with any of the UPI app. So, if you have set a UPI PIN with BHIM app, you can use it in the Tez app as well.
- It is the final authentication for making payments. A fund transfer does not complete without entering this PIN.
- You should also not confuse it with the MPIN. The MPIN is used for mobile banking of an account. Whereas a UPI PIN is set to use the UPI Payment system.
- The UPI system by the NPCI verifies your UPI PIN. Whereas, MPIN is verified by your bank.
Recommended: Tips to set a Secure UPI PIN
How To Set/ Create UPI PIN in Tez App
The UPI PIN is created for UPI Payments. That is why you can set it only through a UPI app. Since Tez is a UPI app, you can set it through it.
In the Tez app, you can link as many bank accounts as you want. But to make fund transfer from a bank account, you must use the PIN of that account.
To set UPI PIN of a bank account, you must have linked the account to the Tez app.
You should keep the ATM card of the bank account. As last 6 digits of ATM card and validity date is required.
You should also have the access to the mobile number which is linked to the bank account. The OTP is sent to the linked mobile number.
Steps To Set/ Create a UPI PIN
You can set UPI PIN in Tez while adding a bank account. Without setting it, you would not be able to add a bank account in the Tez. Even if you have set a PIN earlier, it is required to add a bank account.
- Tap beside your photo. Just below your name. The first time user would find the add bank account link there. Tap on that. It would bring you directly to the step 3.
- When you tap on your name, it would open the profile page. In the profile page tap on ‘ Bank Account’.
- Now you would see the added bank accounts. From this page, you can add a new bank account. Tap on the ‘ Add Bank Account’. In the next page, you would see a list of the banks. Choose your bank.
- Once you choose the bank. The system would find out your bank account. If you have two bank account in the same bank, you would see both the accounts. Tap on the account.
- Now, you have to set UPI PIN. If you had already set it for a bank account. You can enter it here. Else, you can set a new PIN. If you forgot the PIN, you can reset it from here.
- To set/ create new UPI PIN, you have to enter the last 6 digits of the ATM/Debit card. Along with it you have to also enter the validity date of the debit card. The validity date should be in MM/YY format.
- The UPI system would send an OTP to your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP along with the desired UPI PIN. This step completes the Bank account addition and UPI PIN creation.
How To Reset Forgot UPI PIN of Tez
- To reset the forgot PIN, you should go to your bank account in the profile section. tap on the desired bank account.
- In the bank account page, you see the link for ‘forgot UPI PIN’. Tap on the link. It will bring you to the reset page. The next steps are same as step 6 and 7 of PIN creation.
- You have to enter the last 6 digits and validity of the debit card.
- You would get the OTP on your mobile. Enter the OTP along with your new PIN. That is it.
- Do not share your PIN with anyone.
- Try to remember. Don’t write it anywhere.
- Don’t punch the PIN when someone is watching.
Learn More- The Security Arrangement of Tez