Phonepe has become the most convenient UPI Apps. Using this App you can easily make payments and recharge your phone and DTH. But, For making payment from your bank account you need to set the UPI PIN. This PIN is mandatory for making any payment using the UPI System. In this post, I would tell you the way to set, reset UPI PIN through the Phonepe.
What is UPI PIN in Phonepe
UPI PIN is the final security check of the UPI Payment system. The fund transfer takes place immediately once you enter the UPI PIN.
The UPI PIN is similar to ATM PIN and has 4 digits. As you have to enter the ATM PIN for getting money, you have to enter the UPI PIN for making payment through a UPI App.
Useful Post– Phonepe Customer Care and Helpline
UPI PIN is Linked To Bank Account
The UPI PIN is used in Phonepe or any other UPI App but it is used to
Change UPI PIN From Any UPI App
The UPI Payment system gives you liberty to link same bank account in several UPI Apps. Hence, you can transfer money from a bank account using Phonepe, BHIM, Paytm or Google Pay. You can also set, reset or change UPI PIN of a bank account through any of the UPI App.
To create or reset the UPI PIN of a bank account, you have to add that account in a UPI App. In this case, you have to add a bank account in the phonepe. You can use the existing UPI PIN of that bank account in the phonepe as well.
You can also create or reset the UPI PIN through the Phonepe. I would tell you the steps in following paragraphs.
UPI Has Made Payments Easier
The UPI is the easiest way of fund transfer. It neither requires full account detail of beneficiary nor you have to enter debit card details or net banking account password for the authentication. A 4 digit UPI PIN has made the authentication quite easy. Choose beneficiary, fill amount and enter the UPI PIN. That’s it.
Also Read – Transaction Limits of Phonepe
How To Create or Change UPI PIN
- last 6 digits of the debit card
- Validity/expiry date
Besides asking these details the system would send an OTP to your registered mobile number. As you enter the OTP, you would be able to set the new UPI PIN. You have to enter the new UPI PIN twice.
The use of UPI System on Phonepe involves the linking of your bank account and setting the UPI PIN. These are the one time process. Once you complete these tasks, you can make a payment anytime.
So, if you have not already linked bank account, Do it first.
Steps to Set/Reset UPI PIN
- Open your Phonepe App, And tap on the ‘My Money’ Link. It is available on Bottom Ribbon.
2. Now you would see the different payment methods. Choose the UPI Bank Accounta. It would be your first option.
3. In the next page, You would see the linked bank account, If already added. Else you can add a bank account from the button given at the bottom.
4. The Added bank account can be seen in this page. Now you can set, reset or change UPI PIN of the bank account.
5. The steps are the same for the set and reset of UPI PIN. When you choose the reset/ Set UPI PIN, you have to enter the debit card details.
6. As you enter the debit card details, An OTP would be sent to your registered mobile number. When, you enter the correct OTP, you can enter the new UPI PIN. For confirmation, you have to enter the New PIN twice.
How To Change UPI PIN
To Change the UPI PIN initial steps are the same.
- You have to open the Phonepe App and Go to the My Money section.
- In ‘My Money’ Section Tap on the UPI Banks. Now you would be able to see the linked bank accounts.
- Tap on the ‘Change BHIM UPI PIN’ link.
4. Now you have to enter your existing UPI PIN as well as the new UPI PIN.
So In this post, you have learned steps of creating and changing the UPI PIN in the Phonepe App. You can also learn the steps tocreate a UPI ID in the Phonepe.