Now you can also recharge your mobile through Google Pay (Tez) app. As you know that it is a UPI based Payment app which gives fund transfer and bill payment facility. Unlike Paytm, Google Tez doesn’t keep the money in a wallet, rather it takes money directly from the bank account for every transaction. Thus you don’t lose the interest. The Google Pay has an arrangement with the Billdesk to complete the mobile recharge transaction.
- 1 Unique Features of Mobile Recharge Through Google Pay (Tez)
- 2 How To Recharge Mobile Using Google Pay (Tez)
- 3 Google Tez Offer For Mobile Recharges
Unique Features of Mobile Recharge Through Google Pay (Tez)
1. Access to Linked number is Very Easy
The Google Pay (Tez) has done every bit to make your repeat recharges very easy. Once, you link a phone number for the recharges, you have multiple ways to initiate recharge of that number. You would see the name of your telecom company on the dashboard. Once you tap the company logo, you would see the linked number in the drop-down list. Also, You can choose the number from contacts or You can directly enter the number.
2. Multiple ways to Find Out Desired plan
The typical of Google, you can search the recharge plan by typing. It makes the recharge very easy as often we spend the much time to browse suitable plans. You can search the plan by specifying validity, amount or any other feature. The shortlisted plans would appear below.
The plans are also arranged in category tabs like other apps. But here you can keep on scrolling to browse all the plans, there is no need to tap on a specific category tab.
3. You can Switch To Another UPI App
The Google Pay (Tez) gives you the option to use other UPI apps for the payment. It may be useful if you have not linked the desired account with the Tez. You can choose any UPI app installed on your phone.
4. Easier Repeat Recharges
It is very easy to see the previous recharge in the Google Pay (Tez). It is listed in the transactions and you can repeat the recharge from their itself. Also, when you choose a telecom operator, all the previous recharges would appear in the card form. These cards are very handy to repeat that recharge. In this case, you have to only enter the UPI PIN.
How To Recharge Mobile Using Google Pay (Tez)
The mobile recharge through Google Pay (Tez) involves the Linking of a mobile number. After the linking a mobile number, the further recharges for that number becomes very easy. As you are not required to choose the telecom circle and telecom operator.
First Time Recharge of a Number
- Open the Tez app, just below the blue area you would see a button of ‘New’. Tap on that.
- You can also see your telecom operator in the businesses section. Going through that would be easier. But for that, you must have recently recharged a mobile number of that telecom operator.
- After tapping on the ‘New’, you would see many options. The first one is mobile recharge. Tap on that.
- Now, you would see the field to enter your number. You can also get the number by browsing the contacts. The contact icon is there to browse.
- As you choose the mobile number, the system itself gets the telecom operator and circle. If there is any discrepancy because of the porting, you can choose the telecom operator and circle. You can also give a nickname to that mobile number. It would be useful for further recharges.
- In the next page, you would see the various plans of that telecom company. You can search or browse the plans.
- You have to confirm the recharge just after the selecting the plan.
- To complete the payment, you have to enter the UPI PIN of your bank account. You can see the bank name in the top.
- As you enter the UPI PIN, the transaction happens and your mobile gets recharged. Sometimes, it may take time because of the slow server response.
Further Recharge of a Mobile Number
- Open the Google Pay (Tez) app and go to the businesses section. Tap on the logo of your telecom operator.
- Select the number from the drop-down.
- After the selection of the number, you would see the past recharges of that number. You can repeat any of that recharge immediately. Either, you can browse or search the desired recharge plan.
- After selecting the recharge amount, tap on Proceed to pay.
- Enter the UPI PIN of the linked bank account. This completes the mobile recharge.
Google Tez Offer For Mobile Recharges
The Tez gives various offers for its use. One of the offers is for the mobile recharge as well.
- You would get the scratch card worth ₹10 to ₹100.
- The recharge should be of ₹35 or more.
- You can get maximum 2 scratch card on mobile recharges.
- Transactions that result in refund or cancellations or not eligible for the reward.
- You would get the reward amount in your bank account
Besides the Recharge of mobile, you can use google pay (Tez) for other types of transactions as well. It is easy and simple.