The ICICI Bank has included the Unified Payment Interface in its existing mobile apps. The UPI is available within iMobile and Pockets app. So, these are the ICICI Bank UPI app. Now it has become very easy to transfer the fund using the UPI.
UPI or unified payment interface is a mobile app based fund transfer method. This method of fund transfer does not expose the bank account of the parties. It is fast and very simple. It can replace the card payment small cash payment as well. It costs negligible to the customers.
Also Read: Top Benefits of UPI
You can use both ICICI Bank UPI app to use the UPI method of fund transfer. iMobile is exclusive to the ICICI Bank customers while Pockets is available to anyone.
iMobile Download and Registration
You can Download iMobile the ICICI Bank UPI app from the Google Play store. After the installation of the app, follow these steps.
When first time you open the iMobile app it would ask the mobile number. Give the mobile number which is registered to the ICICI bank account. You should be using the same mobile number for the app as well.
The iMobile app uses your mobile number for getting the account details. It also sends you an SMS for the authenticaion. Through the SMS it verifies whether you are using the same mobile number or not.
Once your mobile gets authenticated you would see your bank account details. If you more than one account in ICICI Bank, you would see all the linked accounts. Select one account and proceed further.
Now the iMobile app would conduct the second round of authentication. It would ask the grid numbers. The grid number are given at the back side of the ATM card.
You have to also set 4 digit PIN to open the iMobile app.
This was a one time process. So relax.
ICICI Bank UPI app Fund Transfer
The UPI is the most simple method of fund transfer among all the method available at the ICICI Bank UPI app. But to use the UPI, you have to create Virtual Payment Address (VPA). It is an address in place of the bank account number and IFSC.
The VPA is a very simple address and you can choose its prefix. It is similar to the email address. The VPA of the iMobile would be like xyz@icici. You can replace XYZ with any alphabets or number or both.
Registration of VPA
- Open iMobile using the 4 digit PIN.
- Click on ‘create virtual Payment Address’
- Choose the linked account if you have more than one ICICI Bank account.
- Give a desired prefix for the VPA. I gave the ‘upipayments’.
- Check for the availability of the VPA.
- Tick the respective checkboxes to make the chosen account default for payment and receiving money. You would see the checkboxes if there are more than one ICICI Bank account.
Transaction Through the UPI Method
- Go to the ‘Home’ page of iMobile App and choose Fund Transfer.
- You would see many ways of Fund transfer. Among these, choose the UPI.
- Again you have many ways to go. Choose the ‘Pay to virtual payment address’. You can also choose the ‘Pay to account number’, this would show the list of your existing registered payee of your account.
- You would see the VPA . If you have more than one VPA, you can choose the desired one by clicking on the dropdown.
- Now enter the VPA to which you want to send money. You would see the VPA suggestions as you type. The name of the payee would appear if you are not sending money first time to a person.
- Enter the amount and remarks. Submit it.
- You would see a confirmation screen with all the details. Look at it and Confirm. If there is some error go back and rectify it.
- After the final confirmation, the money gets transferred immediately. The beneficiary would get the SMS instantly.
You can also send money to a bank account as well using the UPI. In this method, you can choose one of the registered payee.
In this post I have told you the method to send money using the ICICI Bank UPI app iMobile. You can also transfer fund through the Pockets app. It also has the UPI facility. Pockets is the mobile wallet by the ICICI Bank. Any one can use this wallet. Do you also want to try UPI app of SBI or other bank? Go ahead to google play store.