HDFC bank has its own UPI payment app. The name of this app is PayZapp. You can use this app to send money to your contacts, request money from your friends. Moreover, you can shop, recharge and pay the utility bills with just one click. This apps also gives the Wallet facility.
Even you may shop through the other merchant’s website via PayZapp app like Flipkart, Redbus etc. Hence, you may also book travel tickets, movie tickets, buy groceries and much more.
Who can use PayZapp App
The finest thing with the app is that the PayZapp is available for all bank’s customers. It doesn’t matter whether you have a bank account with HDFC bank or not.
Just register in the app with your mobile number. Fill your banking details details and enjoy the seamless services of the app. The amount will be deducted from your bank account through the linked bank account.
Moreover, you may create a wallet as well. Add the amount in this wallet and pay through besides bank account. In addition, you may also enjoy the deals and offers in the app. And above all, PayZapp app has UPI services as well.
How to Register in the App
Now I tell you how you can register with the app. Firstly you would have to install the app from Google Play Store or App Store. For this, write the HDFC UPI app or PayZapp in the search box.
You can see the PayZapp app. Now click on the Install button. After installing it will ask you to register with your mobile number. Thus follow some easy steps-
Enter your Primary mobile number. This mobile number will be your default User ID, so it must be registered with the bank. Below it, you can see it asks to enter the referral code if any. However, it is optional. So, if you have any referral code, you can enter that. Tap on continue.
It will ask you to manage your phone contacts. Allow it. Then it wants permission to access your address book. It is required to pre fill your name and email ID automatically. Press Allow button.
After allowing you can see your full name, email ID and mobile number are automatically filled. It is necessary to create an account in the app. So, you may allow it without any hesitation.
Now you have to fill your date of birth. You must be between the age of 18 to 90 years. Select the calendar icon. You can see today’s date. Do not slide the calendar. Only tap on the year of the calendar. Choose the year and now select the month and date. The date of birth will be entered.
Select the security question from the drop down list or make your own question. Fill the secret answer to your choice. It is necessary to keep safe your account more.
Create a Secure PIN. This PIN must be at least 4 digits and a maximum of 12 digits. Re enter the secure PIN. Enter the PIN Code of your residential address. Thus tap on Proceed button.
Now you reach on the second stage. This step is short and simple. The app will send you an OTP on your mobile number. The app will automatically fill and verify it. Now you have to tap on the Complete Registration button. And your registration is completed.
Login with the Secure PIN
After the registration with the app, you can login the app with your secure PIN. Tap on login. Then it shows a message on your screen for the verification of device and phone number. It helps to login without additional OTPs.
- Thus select the SIM and mobile number and tap on continue. A message will be sent through your default SIM to complete the verification.
- The app will validate the SMS. This process is also compulsory to use the UPI system in the PayZapp app.
- You will get the device verification code on your mobile.Enter this code and tap on login. Thus new device verification is completed.
- In the same way, it will send an SMS for the verification of phone number. Thus, your phone number will also be verified by the app.
- Then you will reach the home page of the PayZapp.
Link Your Bank Account in the PayZapp App
You would have to link your bank account to use the UPI services on the app. In the coming sections, I will tell you how you can do it. Whereas, there is no such requirement to use the Wallet.
Link your Card to Wallet
Thus see how you can add your card with the PayZapp app-
- After login, the app asks you to manage your cards.
- Also, you may add your cards through the Profile section.
- Tap on the logo of the bank at the top left corner of the home page.
- Select Manage cards. Now select Add Card option.
- Enter the 16 digits number and expiry date of your card.
- It will fetch your name on the card itself.
- Then click on Add card. Your card is linked with the app.
Now you are eligible to use your bank account for transactions through the linked card.
Complete Your KYC
Accordingly, when you reach the home page of the app, it asks you to complete the KYC. Thus to proper use of the PayZapp, you have to complete your KYC. If you want to send money, request money, or create a PayZapp wallet, you have to complete the KYC. The process of the KYC is as under-
- Go to profile. Tap on settings. Select the View or update KYC.
- Alternatively, you can tap on send money tab on the home screen.
- A page will be displayed. It asks you that you are an HDFC bank customer or not.
- If you are, select Yes. Then enter Customer ID.
- Entering customer ID, it shows you that you have already done KYC with the bank. So now no requirement to submit any other details.
- Or if you are not an HDFC bank customer then select No. Now you can see the requirements of KYC of both types.
- If you want only Basic KYC, select the Proceed button.
- In the next page, you have to enter your PAN only. Rest details are automatically filled. Then tap on continue.
- Now it will ask you to verify the PAN. Check the details and tap on continue.
- Thus your KYC request has sent to the bank. The bank will inform you after updating the KYC within one hour.
Create PayZapp Wallet
PayZapp wallet is a semi closed prepaid card. You may use it for any merchant payment in the app or outside the app. Even you may transfer fund through your wallet to other’s wallet or bank account. This wallet creates a virtual card in your app. It is the same as the physical card. So, you may use this card for any type of payment.
At the time of registration, the wallet will not be created itself. You have to go for it. Thus you may create this wallet in different ways-
- When you load money from your bank account into the wallet
- When you receive cashback or any other credits
- Or when you want to transfer fund to others’ wallet or account.
To enjoy the wallet services, you have to complete your KYC. If you complete the minimum KYC then you can load the maximum of ₹10,000 in the wallet. But in case of full KYC, you can load a maximum of ₹1 lakh.
Using UPI Facility on the PayZapp
The PayZapp app of the HDFC bank also provides the UPI facility. Thus now PayZapp is not only a payment app but it is a UPI enabled app as well. And the cherry on top is that the account holders of the other banks may also use UPI facility. Hence, to avail the UPI facility they would have to link their bank account in this app.
To use the UPI facility you have to create UPI ID or VPA and UPI PIN. Then you can make UPI transactions through the app. Thus let us see how you can use UPI facility in the PayZapp-
Create a UPI ID (VPA) And Link Bank Account
Step 1, Tap on the BHIM UPI icon on the home page of the app. It will tell you that your device is not registered with the app. So it wants to send an SMS through your mobile number to register the device.
Step 2, Tap on Accept. A message will go from your mobile. The app will validate the message.
Step 3, Now it says that your mobile number is captured for UPI registration. Tap on accept for the registration.
Step 4, UPI Registration page will open. Here you can see your mobile number and your full name are already entered.
Step 5, Now create your Virtual Payment Address (VPA). Answer the security question. You can select the question as per your choice. Then select your bank name from the list.
Step 6, Tap on Proceed. A new page will be displayed. Here you can see your VPA, name and last four digits of your bank account number. Thus the app will fetch your account number itself.
In addition, this step also links your bank account with the PayZapp.
Step 7, Tap on Register. Your registration for UPI is completed now. You will get a confirmation message as well.
Create UPI PIN
After creating a UPI ID, firstly you must set the UPI PIN . It is the most essential part of the UPI system. As it makes your transaction safe from any fraud. And without it, you can not complete any UPI transaction. Let us see how you can set the MPIN-
Step 1, Tap on the icon of the BHIM UPI on the home page. Here you can see many options. Select the MPIN option.
Step 2, On the MPIN page you can see your mobile number, name, VPA and bank account number already exist.
Step 3, Select the Set MPIN option. You may also change and reset the MPIN through this page.
Step 4, Now fill the last six digits of your debit card number along with the expiry date. Click on submit.
Step 5, You will get an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP on the UPI PIN page. Then set the 6 digit UPI PIN. Re enter the PIN and press OK. Your MPIN is created successfully.
Also Read – Way To Set UPI PIN without Debit card
How to Send Money Through UPI in PayZapp App
Now see how you can make UPI Transaction through the app. Again tap on BHIM UPI icon and follow the procedure-
- On the UPI page, select the Pay button.
- You will see here different methods to send money. Select the Virtual Address option.
- If you have saved more than one account with the app, select the one from where you want to transfer money.
- Now enter the Virtual Address of the payee.
- The system will fetch the details of the payee.
- Enter the money you want to send. Click on Pay.
- On the UPI PIN page, enter your 6 digit UPI PIN.
- Press OK and the transaction is completed.
- You will get the successful transaction details at your screen along with the confirmation message.
Request Money Through UPI
Not only you can send money to your contacts, but also you can request money from your friends. For this use the Collect service in the PayZapp app. Now follow the instructions-
- Tap on Collect icon in the UPI page.
- Enter the VPA of the person from whom you want to get the money
- Press on continue.
- On the next page, you can see the details of the payer.
- Enter the money and the date of validity of the request
- Now select your account number in which you want to get money.
- Tap on Initiate Collect. Just you tap, your request goes to the payer. You can see the request details on your screen.
- Once the payer accepts the request, you will get the money directly in your account.
Other Different Services Through UPI
Apart from these, you can avail many benefits of UPI. For Example-
- Check your account balance
- Scan QR code of the UPI App of the beneficiary to make payment
- Get the UPI transaction history
- See the notifications
- Add more accounts to UPI
- And manage the MPIN.
Payment Through the PayZapp
Now we see how you can make payment to your contacts without using UPI. The first requirement for this feature is that you must complete the full KYC.
Then you can create the HDFC PayZapp wallet to pay from your wallet. Moreover, you can pay directly from your account without creating the wallet. But remember, the cashback if any you will get into your wallet only.
- Scan the QR via PayZapp and pay with your PayZapp app.
- Pay money to your contacts via their mobile number
- You may pay to the account number with IFSC of the beneficiary
- You may pay to your email contacts. The money will go to their wallet
- And you may pay the utility bills through the wallet or linked debit card
Further Reading – What is Contact-less Usage of Cards
Helpline for Grievances
HDFC PayZapp is also facilitating the user with the appropriate resolution. So if you have any query or any issue with the transaction, you may contact through the app itself.
There are two ways through which you may get the answer of your queries.
1. First, on the top right side of the home page, tap on the three vertical dots. Then tap on FAQ. Here you can see different types of questions and their answers. It is a large portion of the app. Here you may clear almost all your doubts.
2. The second is customer support contact number and Email ID. It is here to get any support or to give feedback. They are-
- Email ID – [email protected]
- Contact number – 1800 102 9426