Now you can also pay a bill through the Google Pay (Tez) mobile app. So the bill payment has become as easier as the fund transfer through the Tez. Recently Google has announced that the TEZ app would add the new feature. You would know that Google Pay (Tez) Payment app is becoming very popular among Indians.
Features of Google Pay (Tez) Bill Payment
- You can very easily pay the bill. It is as easy as the fund transfer to your friend.
- You can pay bills of more than 100 billers.
- Pay the bills for the DTH services, mobile operators, electricity bill and other services.
- You can fetch the current bill amount and pay it immediately.
- After the payment, the bill status for that month would be updated.
- You can set a notification for the future reminders.
- The billing history is also available.
- You can create an Account for the biller.
Also Read- Tez is now ‘Google Pay’, What Else Changed
Steps To Pay Bill
It is very easy to use Google Pay (Tez) for bill payment. Following are the steps.
Select Your Biller
- After opening the Google Pay (Tez), you would find a big blue space for Tez Mode . Skip it and go down to white space. You would see there written, “pay using phone or account numberor UPI ID”. I have highlighted this section with yellow. Tap on the text.
- In the next screen, you would see the list of your contacts who are using Google Pay (Tez). But above your contacts, there are three more options to pay. Among these three choose the last one which is set for Bill Payment.
- Now you would see a long list of Billers. You can find your billers among these. Use the search feature for that. Since I have to pay my electricity bill, I have searched for the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation. Note, the listed billers are fetched from the Bharat Bill Payment system. This is NPCI platform to pay the bills.
- After choosing the biller, you are required to link your account number. In my case, I have to link my electricity account.
Recommended– How To Pay Income Tax Online
Find Out The Billed Amount
- To know your bill amount, you have to enter the consumer number of your service. I have entered my 10 digit consumer number of UPPCL.
- Once you give the consumer number the Bharat Bill Payment system would fetch the consumer detail. After the verification, you should proceed to link this account.
- Now you can see the pending bill amount. This amount is fetched from the servers of your biller. Since It takes time to update the biller’s server, you may also see the paid bill as ‘unpaid’. It may take 3 days to update the bill amount. However, If you have paid the previous bill through the Tez, It would locally update your bill payment.
- In the next step, you can see whether the current bill is paid through the Tez or not. If not, you can proceed to pay it.
Pay Your Bill
- Now you would see the final confirmation screen for the bill payment. It would have the transaction reference number as well. Tap on the Pay.
- Now you would see your listed bank account. Choose the desired one and ‘Proceed to Pay’.
- Enter the UPI PIN of the selected bank account.
- Within few seconds, you would see the confirmation message of the Bill Payment.
To resolve the query regarding Google Pay (Tez), you can contact customer care of the Tez.
Google Pay (Tez) Vs Others
The bill payment of Google Pay (Tez) is not a new and unique feature. It is already available on Phonepe, Paytm, Mobikwik, free charge and other payment apps. The facilities are also almost similar. The only difference is the ‘EASE’. The Google Pay (Tez) is simple and only dedicated to the payments. It does not promote the shopping on this platform. Phonepe also gives a smooth experience of Bill Payment.
If you are using Tez for other payments, it would be easier to use it for the bill payments as well.
Recommended- Review of the Google Pay (Tez)
The Evolution of Google Pay (Tez)
The Google has launched its Payment App Tez very late. All other UPI based apps were launched in 2016. At the time of the demonetization, All the payments app have grown very swiftly. You may know the popularity of the BHIM app.
Still, Google Pay (Tez) has made inroads in this crowded market. Now you can also recharge mobile through it. People loved the facility of Tez Mode . Also, good offers brought new users to the Google Pay (Tez).