Government is pushing hard to promote digital payments. It came up with the lucky draw scheme to encourage digital transactions. This lucky draw scheme is for both, the customer and merchant. The DigiDhan Vyapar yojana is for the merchants. In this scheme, merchants would get reward for accepting digital payments. Every week 7000 merchants get cash reward.
While, Lucky Grahak Yojana would reward those consumers who use digital payments. Lucky Grahak Yojana is a bigger scheme and rewards ₹1000 to 15000 people daily. There are some bumper prizes as well. The winners of Lucky Grahak Yojana is announced daily.
This Scheme has ended. You can’t take part in it. There is a separate promotional scheme the BHIM merchant cashback scheme. It is also very beneficial.
DigiDhan Vyapar Yojana Rewards Detail
Weekly Lucky Draw
- The merchants get the reward every week.
- Every week 7000 merchants would get the reward.
- The reward amount would be Rs. 50,000, Rs 5,000 and Rs. 2,500
- There would be a mega draw on 14, April 2017.
- The lucky merchants would get ₹50 lacs, $25 lacs and $12 lacs.
Features of DigiDhan Vyapar Scheme
- This scheme is for the merchants who accept digital payment.
- The payment should be during 9 Nov 2016-13 March 2017
- The payment amount should be minimum ₹50.
- The digital payment exceeding ₹3000 would not be eligible for lucky draw.
- Every digital transaction between consumer and merchants would be eligible for Lucky draw.
Eligible Mode of Payments For DigiDhan Lucky Draw
The government is giving these rewards for digital payments however every digital payments are not eligible. Only these 4 types of transactions can participate in DigiDhan Lucky draw
- Rupay Card – This may be debit or credit card like Visa and Mastercard. The NPCI has developed this payment gateway. All JanDhan Account holders have got this type of debit card
- Unified Payment Interface (UPI) – This is mobile app based payment system. Most of the banks has integrated the UPI to their existing mobile apps. BHIM, SBI Pay, PNB UPI, Axis Pay, PhonePe are the standalone UPI apps.
- USSD *99# Banking – This system of payment is for those who don’t have a smartphone or internet. To use this type of payment you have to dial *99# from your feature phone.
- Adhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) – This payment system does not require phone, internet or signature. This is done on the micro ATM using your Adhaar and fingerprint. The merchant uses Aadhaar payment app to get money.
The payment through the digital wallets e. g. Paytm, Mobikwik, Freecharge, pockets, Buddy would not be eligible for this scheme, unless consumer uses the UPI mode of fund transfer. There are many digital wallets which has integrated the UPI with itself. So, if you use Phonepe and pay through the UPI mode, you would be eligible for the lucky draw.
Winners of DigiDhan Vyapar Scheme – Result
The DigiDhan Lucky draw is conducted every week in Digidhan Mela. These melas are organised everyday in a different city of India. The lucky draw is conducted by the NPCI. It has developed a software for the lucky draw. The NPCI has also hired agencies to look after the security audit of the draw.
The draw happens among all the transaction. The transaction IDs are used for the lucky draw. The bank which got the credit of the chosen transaction ID get information about the winner. The bank identifies the merchant and informs the bank account number to the NPCI. The NPCI credits the reward amount to the account of the merchant. The merchant also get this information through the SMS.
Also, there is a separate website to check the winners of the DigiDhan Vyapar Yojana. By giving your mobile number, you can check whether you got a reward or not.