Booking rail ticket at the counter has become more easy thanks to the BHIM UPI. The railway has started to take payments from the UPI apps at the booking counters. Till now, people mostly use cash at the counters. There are facilities to take payments through the credit and debit card. But only 2-3% people use this facility. With the introduction of BHIM, the cashless user would increase. As it is more convenient than the card payment.
Booking Rail Ticket at the Counter Through BHIM
These are the important points of Physical rail ticket booking through the UPI apps.
- You can use this facility to book the ticket at PRS (Passenger Reservation System ) counters.
- You can book the reserved ticket, season ticket and unreserved ticket.
- The Railway has implemented this facility from the 1st December 2017.
- You can use BHIM at any of the rail ticket counters.
- The Railway is not charging anything extra for the payment through BHIM or UPI apps.
Requirements To Use BHIM at Booking Counter
- You must have the smartphone while booking at the counter.
- The BHIM or a UPI app should be installed on your phone.
- There must be internet connectivity at the time of booking.
- You should have enough balance on your account.
- You must remember the UPI PIN. It is required for payment
Steps to Book Rail Ticket Through BHIM/UPI
- If you want to pay through the BHIM or UPI, inform the booking clerk about it.
- The booking clerk would select UPI/BHIM as the payment method and ask your Virtual Payment Address (VPA). As every UPI app user has a VPA.
- Once, the clerk enters your VPA, you would Receive a Payment Request on the registered mobile number. You receive an SMS as well as a notification from your BHIM UPI app.
- Click on the notification and login to your App using your PIN.
- You would see the payment request confirm it and enter your UPI PIN.
- The money would be debited from your bank account and you would receive the message.
- The ticket booking system would get the payment information immediately. After the successful payment, the system generates the ticket.
Cashless Booking of Rail Ticket
You would agree that IRCTC has introduced many of us to the cashless transaction. The ease of rail ticket booking showed the power of digital payments. Now, you have various cashless ways to pay at IRCTC website. Today, around 8 lakhs tickets are bought daily through the digital transactions. There has been a 12% rise in rail ticket booking through the digital means. 3 lakhs tickets are purchased daily at booking counters. You can easily book rail ticket online through the BHIM app as well.
About BHIM UPI
BHIM UPI is the easiest way to cashless payments. It does not require the bank account number of the beneficiary. You can pay to any person only using your phone. This system works on smartphone as well as in feature phones. In the feature phones, it is called as the *99# banking.
There are various payment apps which are based on the UPI payment system. Among these, the BHIM is government promoted and most popular. Other popular UPI apps are Google Pay (Tez), Phonepe, SBI Pay and Samsung Pay.