Too many good apps are available out there to make digital payments. But the BHIM App is the top payment apps among them with 125 lakh users. The reason for its reputation is its faster speed and more secure service than any other app. Along with these qualities, the app has too many features to make digital payments easier than ever. The government is working hard to improve BHIM App even more. It is also aggressive on promoting BHIM App. It has released two updates for the app till now.
Aadhaar Pay feature added to BHIM App
Initially, BHIM App did not have the option to pay using anyone’s Aadhaar number. Instead, it only had the options to pay using VPA(Virtual Payment Address) , mobile number and IFSC+Account number. The first update had just some minor performance improvements. But the second update of BHIM App brought many features along with Aadhaar payments. You can use anyone’s Aadhaar number to make payments. Many of you are waiting for this feature. Now the BHIM App has become the best payment solution. So, how would you pay using Aadhaar in BHIM App?
Recommended: 5 Best UPI Apps in India for Digital Payments
How to make Aadhaar Payments in BHIM App
Making Payments using Aadhaar in BHIM App is easier than you think. All you need is an Android smartphone with an active internet connection and recipient’s Aadhaar number. No account number, no mobile number and even no extra things are needed. Payments were not that easy before, did they? I assume you have already installed BHIM App and activated UPI in your account. Follow below steps to pay using Aadhaar number.
- Launch BHIM App.
- Enter passcode to access BHIM App’s main interface.
- Tap on the Send button.
- Here tap on the 3 dots at the top right corner of the screen and select Aadhaar PAY option.
- Enter beneficiary Aadhaar number.
- Tap on the verify. BHIM will verify whether given Aadhaar number is linked to any bank account or not.
- After successful verification, BHIM will show you next page. Here you need to enter the amount and remarks. Tap on the Pay after entering the details.
- Enter your UPI Pin in the next screen and submit.
- Your payment is done.
Also Read: How To Complain About BHIM
Things to keep in mind
- You can only make payments to Aadhaar linked bank accounts. If an Aadhaar is not linked to any bank account. Then you cannot send money to that account using Aadhaar number.
- In Aadhaar Payments, BHIM App does not ask or use beneficiary’s name. Even it does not show you the name while verifying the Aadhaar number. This is for restricting people from misusing the Aadhaar information. Hence, it is advised that you must double-check the Aadhaar number while making payments.
Recommended: BHIM app vs Paytm: Which is a better payment app
In this post, We have seen that how can Aadhaar is used to pay a person. Now the use of Aadhaar payment has become more advanced. The BHIM Aadhaar Pay app has ended the need of mobile phone for the payment. Now a customer can pay to merchant only by using his/her fingerprints.