It is mandatory to link a bank account to use a UPI App. Without linking a bank account you would not be able to make payments or receive payments. That is why it is important to link your bank account as soon as you download and install a UPI app. There are many UPI apps e. g. BHIM, Google Pay, Paytm, Phonepe, SBI Pay etc.
Important Points of UPI App and Bank Account Linking
Uses mobile Number To Get Bank Account Details
UPI Apps fetch Bank Accounts using your registered mobile number. Thus you should use only that number which is registered to a bank account. It would not connect the bank account which has another registered mobile number. For a Simple operation, all of your bank accounts should be linked to the same mobile number.
Choose Bank Name To Link an Account
You have to choose the bank name to link a bank account. Without selecting the bank name the UPI app would not fetch your bank details. The bank names are arranged alphabetically in the UPI Apps.
Multiple Bank Account Can be Seen
If you have more than one account in the same bank, you would see all the accounts simultaneously. Your UPI App would save the details of your bank accounts.
At a Time One Account is Linked
You can link any of the bank accounts for making payments. But at a time only one account would be linked to your UPI app. You would receive the money to that account if someone pays to you using that UPI ID of that UPI App. If you have linked SBI account in your BHIM app, and someone sends money to your UPI ID – <your mobile number>@upi -, the money would go to your SBI account.
All the Bank Accounts Are Saved
Once you link an account to your UPI App, The account would be saved in the app for future use. Hence, in the future, you can easily change your linked bank accounts.
Separate PIN for Each Bank Account
Every Bank account would have its own UPI PIN. Thus, if you change the linked bank account of a UPI App, The UPI PIN would also change. You have set UPI PIN for every bank account to make payments. However, you can receive payments without setting a UPI PIN.
हिन्दी में पढ़ें- यूपीआई पिन कैसे सेट और रीसेट करें
Check Account Balance
You can also check the Account balance of your linked bank account. To check the balance you have to enter the UPI PIN.
Link Bank Account in Paytm
- Open Paytm App. Slide the icons of Blue background. You would see the option of UPI. Tap on that.
- Tap on the 3 dots of Top right corner. Choose the option of ‘ link Bank Account’.
- Select your bank name from the given list. Slide the names to see all of them. You can also search your bank using the Search Icon above.
- You would see the bank account details of that bank. There may be more than one account if you have multiple accounts in a bank. Choose the desired bank account. Next, you have to set the UPI PIN for the linked bank account.
Also Read – Paytm Post Paid Service
Google Pay Linking of Bank Account
- To link bank account in Google Pay app, Tap on your name at the top of the screen.
- Search for the ‘ Bank Account’. It is the second option in the accounts section just below your mobile number.
- Tap on the ‘Add Bank account’ link.
- Choose the Bank name from the list.
- The resultant page would show the account(s) of that bank.
- Enter UPI PIN to link the New Bank account. If you have already not set the UPI PIN. You can do it there.
- As you enter the UPI PIN, the bank account would be linked to the Google Pay (Tez) app.
Link Bank Account in Phonepe
- Open the Phonepe App. Head to the Bottom Bar and Tap on the ‘My Money’.
- Now Tap on the first Option that is ‘Bank Accounts’
- In the Bottom bar tap on ‘Add New Bank Account’
- Choose your bank by browsing or using the search box.
- The App would show your account of that bank. Tap on the Done. That is it. The Account gets linked to the Phonepe App.