BHIM app is launched and many android smartphone users have downloaded it. But what about the iOS users like you? You are using a phone from one of the best phone manufacturers. You deserve each and every app before any other smartphone. But you are wandering here and there to know whether BHIM app is available for iOS or not. If not then why? This post will answer all your question regarding BHIM app for iOS.
Can You download BHIM APP for iOS
You cannot download and use BHIM app on your iPhone as of now. Because NPCI has not released an iOS version of the BHIM app. Presently, BHIM app is only available for android smartphones. Not only BHIM app but any other UPI apps are also not yet available for iPhones. The SBI Pay, Phonepe or iMobile, all these UPI apps are not made for iOS. So just sit tight and wait. However, this post would answer all of your queries about the iOS based BHIM app.
Also Read: BHIM vs SBI Pay
Why there is no BHIM or UPI app for ios
The NPCI had confirmed at the launch of the UPI that the UPI will work on android smartphones only. The reason behind this is android’s larger user base than iPhone. Even after several months, the NPCI has not provided UPI framework for iPhones. Hence, banks could not develop the iOS based UPI apps. As you would know that NPCI is nodal agency for UPI app payments.
When would BHIM available for iPhone users
Though the iOS users are fewer than android users, it does not mean that the government is leaving them behind. It is working hard to provide UPI framework for iOS users. On 2 January 2017, Mr. Amitabh Kant (CEO, NITI Ayog) has tweeted regarding this. He said that the BHIM app for iOS is coming in 10 days. Niti Ayog is steering the digital payments initiative of government. It means you can expect that it will be launched by 12 January. Wait till the app is available.
What features do have the BHIM app for iPhone
When the BHIM app for iOS will be available, you will be able to use all features of the BHIM app. The app has below features.
You can send money using BHIM App. BHIM app for iOS will require VPA or mobile number to send money to anyone. The mobile number of beneficiary must be registered with his/her bank account. Otherwise, you will not be able to send money using BHIM app.
You can also request money using BHIM app. Money can be requested to anyone having a VPA or UPI enabled mobile number. This option comes handy when you need some money from someone. All you need to do is send a request to the person using BHIM app.
Scan & Pay
BHIM app has a built-in QR code scanner. This feature makes making payments easier than ever. You will be able to make payment by only scanning beneficiary’s UPI QR code. It saves your fingers from the hassle of typing a VPA. It also saves you from mistyping a VPA or mobile number.
Generate QR code
BHIM app can also generate QR code for your VPA. QR code is used to receive payments without sharing your VPA or mobile number. This feature is especially useful for merchants.
This feature stores all your transactions done with BHIM UPI app. It stores all completed and pending transactions in separate tabs. This feature is also a very useful feature to have in a UPI app.
How to use BHIM app for iOS
Using BHIM UPI app is pretty easy. I can say that it is the easiest UPI app among all. As I have already told you earlier, the iOS version of the BHIM app is still not released by NPCI. But it will be available soon. When it will be available, your first step should be installing it.
Install BHIM UPI app
- Launch App store on your iPhone.
- Search for the BHIM app by National Payment Corporation of India.
- Find the app in search results and tap on it to go to its details page.
- Tap on the install to install the app on your iPhone.
Add Bank account
- Launch the BHIM app by tapping on its icon.
- It will ask you to set your language. Choose your preferred language here.
- Now it will welcome you and give you some info. Tap on next couple of times and then tap on the ‘Let’s get started’.
- BHIM app will send a message from your sim card to verify your mobile number.
- After successful verification, it will ask you to set an app password. This password will be used to open the app next time. Set the password and confirm it in next screen.
- Now, the app will show you a list of banks. Choose your bank from the list.
- The BHIM app will automatically pick the account on which your mobile number is registered.
- Tap on the account to confirm it and it will be added to BHIM app for further use.
How to send money
- Tap on the send option which is on the home screen of the app.
- Enter the mobile number or VPA of the Beneficiary.
- Tap on the verify to verify the mobile number or VPA.
- If the mobile number or VPA you entered is incorrect, the app will show an error message. If the details are valid, it will take you to the payment page.
- Enter the amount and remarks and tap on Pay to send money. Your money will be sent instantly and both you and beneficiary will receive a confirmation message.
How to Request Money
- Tap on the ‘Request’ option which is on the home screen of the app.
- Enter the mobile number or VPA of the person to which you are requesting.
- Tap on the verify to verify the mobile number or VPA.
- If the mobile number or VPA you entered is incorrect, the app will show an error message. If the details are valid, it will take you to the request money page.
- Enter the amount, validity and remarks and tap on ‘Request’. Your request will be sent instantly and that person will receive a message.
How to Scan & Pay
- Tap on the ‘Scan & Pay’ option which is on the home screen of the app.
- Scan the QR code of the beneficiary with the in-app camera.
- BHIM app will read the details verify them and take you to the payment page automatically.
- Enter the amount, validity and remarks and tap on ‘Send’. Your money will be sent instantly. Both you and beneficiary will receive a confirmation message after the successful transaction.
Note: You can also save the mobile number or VPA for future use. For this select the option ‘Save for future’ while sending or requesting money.
What about Other UPI Apps for iOS
As I have already said, no UPI app is available for iOS at this point of time. But when the government will launch UPI and BHIM app for iOS. All other apps will come with their iOS versions. So, don’t be hopeless and wait for some time. BHIM app and all other UPI apps will be available on the app store soon. Till then use mobile wallet apps such as Freecharge, Paytm etc. and be cashless.